Friday, February 4, 2011

Almost through the 2nd week

Today is already Day 13. Overall I am starting to get into the groove of cooking and eating healthy. Planning ahead is the most difficult but I am getting a better handle on it as well.

I am also starting to venture away from the cook book a little and implement some of my previous recipes at times. Leaving out oil of sauteing onions in vegetable stock instead of oil has been no issue taste wise at all. My first oil-free salad dressing has been a huge success. I substituted vegetable stock for oil in there as well and it tasted very good.

The part that makes my new life style a little difficult is that I am ending up to have to bring in food at company functions and sticking out like a sore thumb with my plastic containers of food while everyone else is digging in at the buffet. It doesn't bother me much except for the fact that I have to explain it to everyone why I am doing it. People seem to assume that eating salad is a good alternative to BBQ food. I rather bring in an entire dish and enjoy that and feel great afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment