Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I can't decide if it is getting easier or harder ...

I am now 2 1/2 weeks into my healthy vegan diet. Eating overall is going great and I still love the food but for the most part I am at work and that makes it easier. At home, I do struggle with not eating, snacking, drinking wine etc. Seeing the leftover cookies from my daughter gets me closer and closer to caving in.

And I did a little. Cave in, that is. I've had one of her cookies. They are small and not really unhealthy but still, I caved.
I also had a vegetarian appetizer at a work function that included some blue cheese. It was very good and I don't regret it and it is only a 4 times a year event. I did leave off the cheese on the salad I ordered but I did have some of the dressing that contained oil.

I want to stick to my vegan diet but I try not to beat myself up over little things like that. I strongly believe that I will be able to continue with it for another 3 weeks or at least I am setting it as my goal.

One thing I have come to realize is that I need to add some other food such as snacks or sandwiches for lunch. I am currently eating "dinners" for lunch and dinner and I think I would like a little more variety. It would also be nice if I could find a yummy sandwich that my husband would like as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment