Monday, February 14, 2011

Completed the 3-week Vegan Kickstart - Yay!

Those three weeks went by fast. Good news, I lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks and I am feeling good.

It has definitely not been as hard as I have originally anticipated. I have made some great dishes, discovered new spices and haven't felt this well fed in ages.

I've "signed" myself up for another 3 weeks as I think breaking this healthy eating lifestyle change into smaller segments makes it easier to tackle.

My newest discovery is self made Hummus! I've always been intrigued by Hummus but I've only eaten it a few time where I really liked it. Most times it tasted too strong. I've followed a curry hummus recipe from my vegan cookbook and it tastes absolutely divine. I made hummus sandwiches with sprouts and tomato slices for lunch and it tastes great.

I've also finally broke down and looked for vegan bread and found some delicious whole grain bread that didn't contain any milk or eggs or oil for that matter. A perfect fit for me. I kept snacking on it Saturday evening and I realized how much I had missed bread.

I am very hopeful that the next three weeks will go well, too, and that I'll lose some more weight in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment