Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Healthy Eating Takes Time!

Half Way Through The First Week

Today is Day 4 of my tentative goal of 21 days. The book suggested to give this new vegan diet a three week test run before making any decisions, so that is what I am working on. Hopefully, I will feel better and drop some pounds when the three weeks are up, so I can continue.

The cooking is the toughest part as it takes up a lot of time. That of course is part of the reason that ended up eating rather poorly to begin with. Last night I meant to quickly prepare lunch for Thursday and Friday. That, however, turned into a long and painful project. There were so many different ingredients that needed to be chopped and ground, all which took a very long time that I would have rather spent with my little girl. The final result was very tasty but making dinners from scratch is very time consuming.

Yesterday morning I felt somewhat lightheaded and got worried that the diet was to blame. Now I am thinking that it may have from exercising on an empty stomach, since I don't eat breakfast until I get to work. I ate an apple after my 2.9 mile walk and it tied me over.

Tonight I will be having the last bit of my "smelly food" which means that I'll have to cook some more tonight for the next few days. I am really hoping that the other recipes that I bought ingredients for are easier to make.

There's got to be a more efficient way of cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment